History and Expertise
The year is 1947. With the end of WWII just over a year before, Russ Lyon, like so many, is heading west. Stopping in Phoenix, he realizes he has found his home. He starts a real estate company and finds success selling homes to those returning home from the war. Those seeking open skies and a warm climate in one of nature’s most unique geographies. From these humble roots grew the most successful luxury brokerage in the Valley. The Russ Lyon Realty name has been synonymous with fine properties for over six decades.
The year is 1976. Sotheby’s recognizes that the firm can serve its auction client's in a valuable new way with a complete package of estate disposition services. Founded on t he same commitment to exceptional service that characterized the firm’s dealings for more than two centuries, the Sotheby’s International Realty brand is born and soon becomes known around the world for the distinctive properties it represents. Today we continue that focus by employing our brand’s vision of artfully uniting extraordinary homes with extraordinary lives.
The result…the unparalleled combination of Local Dominance and Global Impact.
Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty is the largest Sotheby's International Realty affiliate in the world with over 800 Sales Associates serving the metropolitan Phoenix area, as well as the Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott, Payson and White Mountain regions of Arizona. Our company blends a sixty year history of excellence in meeting Arizona’s real estate needs, with the world-renowned Sotheby's International Realty network, facilitating connections locally, nationally and internationally.
Through our Sotheby’s International Realty affiliation our clients gain the advantage of a global
network accessing a far reaching client base. Our listings reap the benefits of an instantly recognizable brand, with a unique reputation for excellence. Clients also benefit from a close association with the venerable Sotheby’s Auction House, established in 1744. This relationship provides our Sales Associates with the exclusive ability to make our listings available to the most qualified buyers in the world.
The corporate environment within Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty is unique in the industry. Seasoned management creates a dynamic and inspiring atmosphere that invigorates and hones the skills of each agent. Collaboration and networking are fostered to create a synergy that puts the entire company to work on behalf of every client. This blending of proven strategies with state-of-the-art innovation is unsurpassed. Additionally, acknowledging the ever increasing trend toward cost-efficient and healthy natural living environments, Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty established the first dedicated ‘Green’ Real Estate Division in the state of Arizona.
Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty is dedicated to the ideals of integrity and professionalism, as evidenced by our focus on exceptional client service. Representing nearly $3 billion in real estate inventory, it is apparent that our Sales Associates have earned the confidence of our clients. Further, the real estate transactions facilitated by our Sales Associates represent a substantial market share in each of our target markets statewide, and dominate the Arizona market for luxury properties sold. Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty is also the Number One Sotheby's International Realty affiliate worldwide in both dollar volume and number of units sold. However, whether we represent a multi-million dollar estate unparalleled service to our clients.
Think of your home as a product or service. You need to "package" it attractively to create a demand for it. Here are some fast, inexpensive changes that should make your home stand out among similarly-priced homes in your neighborhood:
It begins with the exterior!
Your yard, and the exterior of your house, are the first impression that potential buyers have of your home.
- Yard. Keep your lawn neat and well trimmed, with well-proportioned shrubs. Consider replanting flowers or creating a flowerbed to enhance the appearance of your yard. If it is the fall, make sure the lawn is raked at all times.
- The Front Door. Make sure your door is tightly on its hinges! Furthermore, the door should be neat and clean. Paint it if it needs it. If the door is in poor shape, consider replacing it. Finally, a holiday ornament on the door, like a wreath, adds a nice touch. Consider adding an inviting "welcome mat".
- Home Exterior. Check for flat-fitting roof shingles, straight lines on gutters, shutters, windows, and siding; solid caulking around roofs and seams. Apply fresh paint where it needs it. Also, make sure the windows are crystal clear; potential buyers often peer through the windows.
- Lights. During the evening, or whenever you have potential buyers in the home, make sure ALL of the lights are on. This makes rooms look more inviting and spacious. Also, make sure curtains are always up to let as much sunlight in as possible.
- Smell. We recommend using a vanilla air freshener that applies directly to your air filter. This gives your home that "new model home" aroma.
- Remove Excess Furniture. Remove as much furniture as possible. This can make your rooms look dramatically larger.
- The Living Room. Strive for lived-in, cozy feeling. Discard worn, chipped, frayed furniture. Add lamps if it is dark. Open curtains. Set out fresh flowers.
- The Kitchen. Many buyers judge the house keeping by the oven and stove. Appliances should be spotless and everything works perfectly. Replace or repair anything that sticks, squeaks or drips. Clear clutter from countertops.
- The Master Bedroom. This is the second-most appealing room to a buyer (after the kitchen). Remove excess furniture to make it appear larger. Show the true size of the closets by removing or packing items that can be stored elsewhere.
- Bathrooms. Make sure bathrooms are always neat and clean. Remove clutter from sink countertops. Make sure showers are free of scum and tile grout in good shape. Most buyers pay close attention to this!
When You Let Potential Buyers In The Door
Make sure that the exterior and interior are both in order! Furthermore, appeal to the potential buyers' senses: make sure the lights are on, the home has a vanilla aroma, and perhaps soft classical or jazz music playing on the stereo.
As your neighborhood real estate expert, we wrote this report to help educate you and to help maximize the marketability of your home. These ideas are based on our collective experience. We hope you found them to be valuable, and if there is ever any way we can be of service to you or anyone you know, please contact us at 602-469-3078 or 602-550-9595. There’s no obligation, and we would love to help you!
Click Here for our detailed Tramonto Marketing Plan
Copyright© Erika Willison & Ron Weiss - All Rights Reserved